Need assistance for Food?
- Please see Community Resources (to the right) for summer meal program information as well as food resources in our community
- Please see Community Resources (to the right) for summer activities through the HUB
If you own a small business which has been impacted by our current status, please check the following link as it might provide assistance:
SBA Loan Disaster Relief:
If your employment has been disrupted: loss of employment, laid off, not being paid. Please take a moment and review the attached link and determine if it might be helpful to your situation.
COLLEGE BOUND?: Check the link to the right to determine if you are eligible for FREE tuition assistance!! If you are, I encourage you to apply online as you need to do so before the end of your student's 8th grade year! YES, review this opportunity this opportunity together... student and parent/ guardians!
Free cellphones/ minutes: During the COVID-19 emergency, the Health Care Authority is offering free cell phones and minutes to low income individuals through a federal program called Lifeline. For information on the phone services and carriers click here. To apply, go to the free government cell phones website.
Check the link 'Family Activities'
I hope this message finds you and your family well!
In addition to the above links, I wanted to share resources (link "Community Resources') with you in case you need any support. Please see the link 'Talking to your students about Coronavirus' for your reference, hoping some of the resources might be helpful.
Some thoughts as we are navigating a new normal:
- Limit your media exposure as the barrage of stories can create additional stress and anxiety, encourage your student to do the same. Check a couple of reliable sources for factual information (possible sources listed on the district link) a couple of times a day, not every 10 minutes.
- Establish a routine at home
- Engage in the educational enrichment activities your teachers have created
- It is OK to have conversations about your thoughts and feelings to what is happening in our world
- Practice healthy choices: staying home, social distancing, washing hands, cough/ sneeze into elbow
- Engage in activities at home to do together: play games, watch a movie together, read a book together, go for a walk, do an arts and craft activity, bake your favorite cookies
- Please feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions: Jennifer Ashlock email@example.com
- If your student would like to talk with me, please email me and with your permission I will either email or call your student.
I will be keeping similar work hours (Mondays- Fridays, 7:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.) I will respond to your emails during this time window. I will also continue to post information, activities for your review on the HMS website, counselor’s page.
We sincerely miss seeing your students on a daily basis! Please continue to take good care and do not hesitate to reach out if there is anything I can do to assist.
All my best,
Crisis Prevention Resources
College Bound Scholarships