Welcome to Horizon Athletics
Horizon offers our students the opportunity to participate in a variety of before and after-school activities, both athletic and academic. Seventh and eighth graders compete in interscholastic activities by competing against the other five middle schools in the Central Valley School District. Sixth graders have the opportunity to participate in intramural activities and for the first time this year, they will also be able to compete against students across the district, alongside 7th and 8th graders in cross country, wrestling and track. Our middle school sports have a no-cut policy.
Athletic Director: Starla Fey
558-4968 • [email protected]
Before students can participate in a sport, parents need to go to "finalforms.com," fill out the required information and submit the required documentation. Here is the pdf outlining this process: FinalForms Directions. Finally, here is the Pre-Participation Physical Evaluation form to be completed.
- Completion of your FinalForms Online Registration.
- A current year ASB card.
- A current physical on file at HMS. Physicals are good for 2 years and must not expire until the end of the season in which the student is participating.
- Medical insurance coverage.
- All athletic fees must be paid before contests can be played (except for intramurals).
- Paying fees on TouchBase
- Go to "Items at School"
- Then check "Athletics"
- Then check: "Fall Athletics"
- You can also send a check or cash to the HMS business office.
- Paying fees on TouchBase
- ASB Fee - $20 once per year
- Sports Fee - $10 per sport (football fee is $26.00)
- Participation Fee - per sport; based on the lunch program: $25.00 for full pay lunch, $10.00 for reduced lunch, $0.00 for free lunch
Athletes must adhere to the academic requirements as outlined by the Washington Interscholastic Activities Association (WIAA) rules and regulations and the Central Valley School District PRIDE Code. Previous trimester grades are used to determine eligibility. Participants must have a 2.0 GPA with no “F” grades in order to be academically eligible.
CVSD has adopted a new Parent/Guardian Driver Approval Form-this sheet must be filled out, with names of all potential drivers, prior to picking your student athlete up from an away game or match. The coaches hand these forms out at the pre-season parent meeting and during practice, prior to the first competition. Coaches have been instructed to not release students who do not have this form signed and turned in. Any questions, please feel free to call Starla Fey @ 558-4968 or email [email protected] Thank you for your continued cooperation and support.
Study table for students below a 2.0 or failing any class is mandatory to participate.